Icon Development and Book Layout
5 objects, actions within the Transportation category. Through a progression of sketches, simplification of the images to purest form. Conceptualize and reduce the visual information - translate an action into an abstract visual form. Use of as few lines and details possible. Scanned sketches and refined in illustrator. Use of the strongest sketch/solution to create a final black and white graphic for each visual. Consideration of the elements scale in graphic and how they will be transformed when scaled.
• All 5 marks visually consistent, creating a visual family of images.
• Consideration of how / where the graphic marks use and audience.
• Consider of scale change use on billboard or banner, weight and balance
• All sketches and work systematically for the final book presentation.
• 1 - 8.5”x11” page with all icons
• Covers (front and back)
• 1 - page for each icon at 4” in diameter with a 25% reduced icon.
• Preliminary sketches - show progression to completed mark.
• 5 icons/graphic marks, centered (4 inches) and reduced to (1 inch) in top left, reduced to fit on 8.5in H x 11in W page.
• Book 4.25in H x 5.5in W to be presented as an accordion fold book or form of bound, black and white